Sunday 28 June 2015

A Bouquet of Belcarras

I've made a few Belcarras recently, but hey why not when they are easy to make and the fit is great? So here's another! There's not much to say, so I'm going to let the photos do the talking. A picture paints a thousand words so they say...


This is my bouquet of Belcarras made in June...


I think this must have been the worst of the lot to make, but knowing the pattern made it a whole lot easier, but yes, I was swearing sometimes!

This fine polyester something came from Fabric-a-Brac sometime ago, I think, although it might have been a WSBN swap. I'm sure I bought it because I loved the pattern, I can't imagine I'd have bought it for the fabric! :-) Cutting out was a pain, I tried both using scissors and my rotary cutter. I'm still on the fence as to which was the best.


Lots of pins, use lots of pins with fabric as fine as this. Don't leave anything to chance. It was really odd sewing with see-through fabric too!


All the seams on this one are finished using French seams. Yes it means you can see the seams on the raglan sleeves, but with this fabric it was better.


The cuffs took a while, I inadvertently cut one the wrong length then wondered why it was too big! I finished the underside of the cuff using my overlocker.


The bias binding around the neck had to be pieced adding to the difficulty of adding to the blouse, but I'm pretty happy with the result.


The details
Fabric: Fine polyester something from Fabric-a-Brac, I think, unless it was from a WSBN swap, which is equally likely! It was in my stash! :-)
Notions: Thread.
Pattern: Sewaholic Belcarra, view A, size 12. 
Changes made: None
First worn: The middle of June for the LIANZA Children's Book Awards. Worn here for photos in Carrara Park, Newtown with a Sewaholic Gabriola made a year ago.


Another one/recommendations: Need I go on? How many times have I said how great the pattern is? Yeah OK, broken record time. I'll just shut up ;-)

 

I've now made three Belcarras for Indie Pattern Month, that'll be One Pattern, Three Takes then!

1 comment:

  1. They all look very lovely! This is such a nice shaped pattern and all your prints look so very pretty, like Libertys :)

    ReplyDelete