Tuesday 9 August 2011

Back to the grind...

Well I'm back from two weeks in Thailand and feeling really nice and refreshed. I took lots of me made clothes with me and tried to where them as much as possible, but when I'm spending most of the day collapsed by the pool in a bikini, it's not very easy!


Mr N isn't one for taking lots of photos, so there aren't hundreds in my clothes, but here are couple you might recognise from previous posts...


New Look 6557, with one of the famous Thai ladyboys

We had a brilliant holiday, just relaxing, reading, swimming and getting a tan! Now I'm having fun catching up on all the blog posts I've missed while being away, such as the continuing preparations for Suzannah's wedding on Adventures in Dressmaking, tips from Colette Patterns and a couple of my favourites Did You Make That? and My happy sewing place

While on holiday I managed to get a bargain from one of the many tailors which are throughout the city. I thought I'd have a look at the fabrics and wasn't sure if I could just buy the material, but if you do't ask, you don't get. As tempted as I was with some Thai silk, I in the end went for this bargain. I got 6 metres of this crepe for under £30! Not bad I didn't think. I could have bought loads more, but there was a limit to the amount Mr N would let me up the luggage weight by!


So to occupy some of my time since we got back, I've been deciding what to make. I'm hoping I can get a blouse and a dress out of the fabric.

On my doormat when I got back was a wonderful parcel from Colette Patterns. I ordered two before going away using the generous discout offer they had. I can't wait to get started on these. I've got the Crepe dress and the Violet blouse. 


In fact, I think I shall use the Violet blouse pattern with the material bought while away. With the rest of the fabric, I'm planning to make Vogue 1178.


So I have plenty to keep me out of mischief. I'm not sure I've enough self-stitched clothes to take part in SSS. At the moment trying to keep up with this, make all my new projects and updating a blog I'm trying to write for work, as well as trying to sell our flat to escape to New Zealand, I reckon I have enough on my plate!

Projects to make:
  • Colette Violet blouse
  • Vogue 1178
  • Simplicity 2588
  • A skirt with some left over fabric!!

No comments:

Post a Comment